I just wanted to note how pretty my Mom was and how I unquestionably look like her. She had a natural wing tip eyeliner drawn on her eyes by piercing them the way she does here. I've been really inspired by her these past couple of weeks, and remembering all the little things that she taught me about being beautiful inside and out. I learned the overnight cotton glove moisturizing trick from her, and how to put on pantyhose with those gloves to keep from snagging them with your nails.
I remember the first time that I decided to wear makeup in high school, and she told me, "I think that's very pretty (referring to my black eyeliner and lip liner), but I want you to only wear the liner on your top lid not your bottom, and wear lip gloss without the liner because it makes you look to sultry for your age." And, that was quite fine with me.
I now have the MAC foundation and lipstick that she asked me to buy for her last year in my keepsake box, I will cherish it forever, and I will hold the palette against this black and white picture whenever I want to dream about her in color.
Friday, December 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


beautiful, mash!! :)
ReplyDelete