Listening to Thug Motivation a few years back for the first time was a bit of a challenge for me because although I may have grew up in a tough neighborhood in Detroit, my parents didn't let us partake in the cares of the hood, therefore we didn't catch on to much street terminology. The most that I've listened to as far as gangster rap was Ice Cube's West Coast Connection snippets from the radio. If I hear one of Jezzy's songs for the first time, I then have to conduct a bit of research before I hear it again to understand and fully appreciate it. What first struck me was that Jezzy often refers himself as a "trapper" - and if you know me well, when I heard the term for the first time, I thought about Elmer Fudd. I couldn't understand what Jezzy and Elmer had in common - the guns? or maybe the lavish furs? It took me a while to figure out what the connection was, and the urban dictionary helped me to solve the puzzle. Yes, trappers, by the more common definition is to engage in trapping animals, and or to confine or block when it comes to sports.
With all of this said (snickering) leading you no where with this, I wanted to let you know that the trapper styled winter hat is in for the season (some more snickering). You can catch glamour gals like Rihanna (via Essence.com), rocking this style on the street. I used to think that the one my older sister had for years was silly when I was younger, but in more recent years I've put on my faux fur trapper for pure comfort and warmth to combat these cold Michigan winters (and to cover up every inch of my unruly fro!). Now, with the most upright thug confidence, I'm rocking my favorite trappers favorite trapper. "That's righhhhhhhhtttt!"
Photo Above: - Michael Kors - Neon Trapper from Winter 2009 collection.

oooh chartreuse. i dont know if i could get away with that though. i'll leave it to you, mash! elmer fudd -- very funny!
ReplyDelete