The secret to having a good hair day is to have healthy hair. In light of Chris Rock's documentary, "Good Hair", I just want to say that all hair types are unique and equally special - but even if the straightest and longest hair isn't good if it isn't washed, conditioned, and trimmed on a regular basis.
Every girls dream is not to have a charming prince to sweep her off her feet, it's for another woman to ask her, "Excuse me, is that your real hair?" And after she gets that hair, that prince can run his hands through it anytime he wants, right? That question has been asked to me on many occasions with and without relaxed hair, but most of the time it's been asked when I'm rocking my curly afro! One must understand the tenants of caring for your hair like it's a child growing on top of your head - it doesn't matter if you're natural or relaxed.
Nearly every woman knows what it takes for someone to ask you that question; it takes tender loving care, time, and patience. If so many weren't so quick to throw in a weave or relaxer, you would have those much wanted results in no time by following a strict regimen that you can conduct on your own. I'm not a licensed cosmetologist, but it's not rocket science to know how to get that hair. Ladies with naturals, weaves, braids, and relaxers will find this week's postings useful while trying to achieve healthy hair. Instead of just having a good hair day, try to give your hair a good life.
I will be sharing hair care tips that I've come about through my years of sticking my nose in tons of magazines, spending hours online conducting research from other ladies that have achieved that hair, trial and error with products, and of course talking with my girl "Biscoe" who's studying to be a ND (Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine). I have some very funny stories and photos to share with you gals, so stay tuned for Hair Story #1 tonight...I think we will begin with kindergarten...

No comments:
Post a Comment