My newest drug store fetish is (drum roll please), L'oreal Paris' True Match Roller. I thought about designing a makeup roller two years ago and now I feel really bad that I didn't go ahead to design and patent the idea back then. When thinking about painting a face, a roller sponge would do just the trick to apply foundation evenly.I tested it out at Target the other day, and my critique is that you had to press a little too hard on the palette to pick up enough of the cream foundation. It also took a few more rolls than expected to pick up more foundation just to cover the back of my hand, which is telling that this palette will run out quickly.
L'oreal is on the right track, but it would seem ideal to use it to smooth out liquid foundation after it's dabbed evenly to a face, as opposed to the creamy foundation that they paired with the roller. I also found the roller sponge at the display model already torn (maybe someone damaged it or maybe it's a little too thin/cheap). I would still buy the palette to specifically even out the application of my aerosol foundations, and I bet makeup artists everywhere can find all sorts of ways to put use to it.

No comments:
Post a Comment